Lots of new pictures!
Most of this is stuff I already had done before PAX last year but never took pictures of. The new things are:
– The helmet: it’s been painted but needs some wet sanding to really shine (and hopefully remove a little of the orange peel). I did start grunging it up a bit with some black paint. I’m okay with the wet sanding messing that up if necessary; if that happens it’ll be easy to redo.
– The arm cannon: the big section of the cannon is all sanded and ready for primer. I printed the cannon in pieces so I could have wiggle room while figuring out how to put the lights in the gaps between the rings (also so it could fit in the printer bed). I had to balance the pieces against the back of the couch while taking pictures, so it looks a little wonky; it will eventually be attached together with an interior structure.
– The first bicep: since I previously bondo’d it I have sanded it, primed it, and added some touch up bondo. After it’s sanded again it will be ready for a new coat of primer and then paint!
Sanding these things has been taking a very long time, so I decided to buy myself a new toy:
It’s a Dremel Multi-Max MM40, and it’s awesome! It makes sanding sooo much easier! The triangular sanding attachment lets me get into relatively tight areas and the super detailed stuff I can just sand by hand. It also has a cutting and chipping attachment which I’m sure I can find some sort of use for eventually.